What is a Ketogenic Diet?
What is a Ketogenic Diet?
We want to answer a question many people ask themselves when they are in search of the most suitable diet for their lifestyle: what does ketogenic diet mean? A ketogenic diet is a low-carbohydrate diet that stimulates the body to produce ketones in the liver, fat metabolism by-products that are used as an energy source in place of glucose (taken and absorbed through foods containing carbohydrates).
We refer to ketogenic diets with different definitions, including:
- keto diet;
- ketogenic feeding;
- low-carbohydrate diet;
- low-carbohydrate and high-fat diet;
- ketosis method diet;
- ketogenic nutrition.
In this article we will explain how the ketogenic diet works, highlighting what are its benefits and how to follow this method.
We will focus specifically on the Tisanoreica Ketogenic Diet, which in reality can be defined as phyto-ketogenic diet, as it allows to mitigate ketosis thanks to the intervention of medicinal herbs, with numerous additional benefits for your body.
How does the ketogenic diet work?
To better understand the benefits of a keto diet, let's briefly analyze what happens in our body in the opposite situation, in other words, when we follow a high carbohydrate diet. By taking substances that are high in carbohydrates, the body produces glucose and insulin:
- Glucose is the molecule that our body can most easily convert into energy;
- Insulin is produced to process glucose in the blood to enable it to be transported throughout the body.
Because glucose is used as a primary energy source, fats are not necessary and are therefore stored. Typically, in a normal high-carbohydrate diet, the body will burn glucose as the main form of energy.
By lowering the intake of carbs, the body is induced into a state known as ketosis, a natural process the body initiates to help us survive when carbohydrate intake is low. It starts to produce ketones by breaking down fats in the liver. The ultimate goal of a properly maintained ketogenic diet is to use these ketones as a primary energy source in place of glucose.
A ketogenic diet, able to establish optimal ketone levels, offers many benefits in terms of weight loss and physical and mental performance. As we will explore later, those who choose the Tisanoreica Ketogenic Diet (integrated with phytoextracts) can increase the physical and mental benefits thanks to Decottopirici.
What are the benefits that a ketogenic diet can bring to your life?
Here is a short list of the advantages of the ketogenic diet:
- Weight loss: there are clear weight loss benefits that result from using body fat as a source of energy. Levels of insulin, the hormone that stores fat, decrease dramatically, turning your body into a fat-burning machine;
- Blood sugar control: blood sugar levels are naturally lower;
- Improved mental performance: ketones are a great source of brain fuel. When carbohydrate intake is reduced, large spikes in blood sugar levels are avoided and this can improve concentration;
- Increased energy and a feeling of fullness: by providing your body with a better source of energy, you will feel more energetic during the day. Also, burning fat instead of glucose is more satisfying and will make you feel full longer;
- Improvement in cholesterol and blood pressure levels: a ketogenic diet improves levels of triglycerides and cholesterol. Blood pressure is also improved compared to other diets, as some blood pressure problems are associated with being over-weight;
- Improvement in the appearance of skin: a low-carbohydrate diet improves the appearance of skin, reducing inflammation and acne.
How to follow a ketogenic diet
Following a ketogenic diet is not difficult although it may seem complicated at first. Here are the most important basic tips:
- Avoid “do-it-yourself” and seek medical advice or a dietitian for a diet prescription
- Drink water, at least one litre a day, as this helps regulate many vital body functions and control hunger pangs;
- Exercise to get the most out of your ketogenic diet: for at least 20-30 minutes a day. Even just a short walk can help regulate weight loss and blood sugar levels;
- Take supplements to help you;
- Keep track of what you eat.
Ketogenic diets: why choose Tisanoreica?
The Tisanoreica diet has been developed based on studies, research and techniques such as Decottopia, a proprietary, traditional way of preparing medicinal herbs, to create one of the best combination diets available.
It is a phyto-ketogenic "Mediterranean style" diet which makes use of low-carbohydrate ingredients formulated to contain all the herbal extracts your body needs.
Tisanoreica herbal extracts incorporated into the diet reduce some of the minor side-effects of a classic ketogenic diet.
The duration of the protocol varies from a minimum of 20 days (the Basic Protocol) to a maximum of 42 days (the Impact Protocol).
A very important aspect of the Tisanoreica Diet is the fact that it is a normal protein diet: in fact, a sufficient protein intake is guaranteed to nourish the body completely, even in a phase of slight imbalance, such as the case of a diet. Our products are rich in protein and fiber; for this reason, those who are not really interested in a protocol related to the phyto-ketogenic diet can find in Tisanoreica a precious resource to satisfy their own needs, for example, in the sports field: our bars with adequate supply of nutrients are suitable for those who practice any sport activity.
Mitigate the ketosis of the diet thanks to decottopia
Decottopia, or "ten herbs method" allows you to use the active ingredients extracted from some officinal herbs (totally natural extracts) and to use them in combination with the Tisanoreica Diet to mitigate the effects related to changes in the organism, which is found in a particular phase due to the new diet.
In the case of a diet that intervenes directly on the metabolism such as the ketogenic diet, it is important to take supplements of natural origin. Our advice in delicate phases for the body, such as a diet, is to promote natural physiological functions, through natural and quality products.
When the body loses weight it needs to purify itself better, day after day; from this point of view, decottopyrics help to enhance normal purifying, hormonal, diuretic and functional activities. During the ketosis diet and other changes they are naturally balanced by the active ingredient of these extracts, which also contribute to improving the general state of well-being.
Being natural supplements in liquid form, decottopyrics can be taken pure or diluted with water to contribute to the hydration of the body; they are ideal both before and during the diet.
The phases of a Tisanoreica phyto-ketogenic diet
The Tisanoreica phyto-ketogenic diet is divided into four phases:
- Purification Phase (Pre-Tisanoreica): this is the first step, during which hepatic and lymphatic purification takes place to facilitate the production of ketosis during the Intensive Phase;
- Intensive Phase: consists of the total elimination of sugars and alcohol. In this phase the body enters the state of ketosis and the pancreas is given a break;
- Stabilisation Phase: re-introduces low-glycaemic carbohydrates such as pasta, rice and unrefined grains, which were eliminated in the previous phase;
- Style: this is the phase in which you need to pay attention to the quantity and quality of the calories you are eating and is a very important phase in maintaining the weight loss that has been achieved. The lifestyle must include, along with the Tisanoreica supplements, the daily consumption of high-quality, fresh and seasonal foods.
This ketogenic diet, modified with phytoextracts, is not a substitute but an integrative one, considering that it requires the intake of common foods every day to be alternated with some Tisanoreica foods.
The Tisanoreica ketogenic diet allows to reduce the caloric intake without feeling the sense of hunger, thanks to the euphoric effect of the ketone bodies: for this reason it is particularly suitable for the treatment of weight reduction.
Tisanoreica 2020: new benefits from the keto diet with decottopia
The Tisanoreica method, tested and supported by scientific studies, remains unchanged; however, the formula that improves the assimilation of essential ingredients has been enhanced and refined. This is possible thanks to the high quality of whey proteins, hydrolyzed and isolated, in addition to L-Leucine, an amino acid that promotes the maintenance of muscle mass.
Elasticity and tonicity of the epidermis are at the forefront of the new Tisanoreica diet; during slimming phase, it is essential to take care of the skin: this is made possible thanks to a greater integration of collagen (hydrolyzed) which gives firmness and hydration. Important news also from the point of view of the antioxidant action with the addition, in Tisanoreica products, of acerola and avocado; the latter also has a restorative function by bringing minerals, B vitamins and lutein, as well as being an important source of omega 3 and omega 6. Tisanoreica continues to be available also in the kit version.
Tisanoreica, the ketogenic diet integrated with phytoextract, offers 25 new flavors (15 sweet, 5 savory and 5 suitable for vegan nutrition), establishing itself more and more as a precious ally in everyday life, from the point of view of variety and taste.
The benefits of the phyto-ketogenic diet are many and you will see a definite improvement in your mood thanks to the rapid weight loss, the reduction in the feeling of constant hunger, the improvement in muscle mass and by following a therapeutic diet tailored just for you.